Monday, June 15, 2015

MANILA BOUND..../Email from June 8th

HEY HEY HEY! Sorry I'm late again! We actually had our x rays for our going home batch up in Manila. I had to get 23 of us up to Manila and back! Its was a crazy day. Elder Christensen, Jenkins, Johnston, Jimeno, and Calaunan rode together in our van. While the others went with some area drivers. Well long story short I've driven that route like 5 times. But I got lost earlier!! Like reeeeeally lost! haha Just one wrong lane change, or turn or something and we ended up way far around the end of Manila into Quezon city! In like the Compton of Manila. It was crazy, it took us like 2 hours to ask our way around and eventually make it back on track! haha oh man.

Well this week was a great week. This past Tuesday Elder Baylon and I were able to go on exchanges in Las Pinas. It was a great day. They are going to have a lot of success in the future. It was really spiritual for me to go back and see some of these people that I taught and prepared, and now there baptized. So cool to see your hard work pay off now that they are active in the church. Especially the Lachica Family. Amazing with all these rough trials they are going through they are still active in the church. They are a great source of strength and Humility. 

We have been continuing to work with these families that we have been teaching. Because of MLC and other things we did have a whole lot of time to get out there. But every hour we got to work we focused with them. Both of these families have been taught many times and are attending church, we are really just working on their testimonies of the gospel. So no matter what they stay strong. But I know its gonna happen soon. We had a really good lesson with the Reforsado family this week, we were able to teach the fathers other two daughters who don't live with him. It was really cool to see how great of an example he was being to his children. Instead of joining in in drinking parties and stuff, hes a family man. Although his two older kids thought it was lame at first that he was listening to us, they ended up really being interested in the lesson, just because of him. That's when you know an investigator is progressing, when you can see the gospel change them. They are some of Gods Elect I know it. 

Well it was a pretty crazy day. Getting all 23 of us to Manila and back. Plus getting lost over there. haha I really don't know what happened just not paying attention, or just one wrong lane and it threw our whole route off. haha But I learned a good gospel lesson from it. Just one wrong turn, or one wrong lane, or not paying attention enough in life can throw our whole life on a different path, a path that we don't want to go down. Just like in 3 nephi, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always, lest ye be tempted by the devil, and ye be led away captive by him." It wasn't till I found myself in prayer that we started to get on the right path. We always need to be watching our paths, to make sure were on the right one. :)

We also have two Zone conferences this week! I have to do training in both of them! Which means giving a talk to our whole mission. It will be my last one! I'm pretty nervous, I am no public speaker! But well see how it goes, I've got some ideas! Then transfers are next week. Man time is flying. 1 transfer left! WHAAAA? LOVE YOU, --E. Collins






 

No comments:

Post a Comment