Monday, June 15, 2015

1 transfer na lang!! Whaaaat???

Hey family! Hows summer going, how was St. George? Well we picked up my new Comp last night! His name is Elder Haufano, he is from New Zealand, but he's Samoan. I'm super stoked to be with him. Its gonna be a good time. He's super nice and Humble, great missionary. Ill send ya a pic of us later. I'm sad to see Elder Rindlisbacher go, hes been a great friend and example to me. But he is excited to go home haha, like really excited. you'll have to hit him up when he goes home, go to his homecoming. 
Well this week was a bit busy because of Zone Conferences, transfers coming up, new trainers meeting and all that good stuff. But I really enjoyed this week and the work that we were able to do! Teaching at zone conference was actually a cool experience for me. I really don't know if I've ever spoke in front of people like that, or at least been confident while doing it. I could really feel the spirit working through me in a different way as I was up there. Just like sister Tye, I dont think I wrote that talk, it was Heavenly Father that wrote it. I talked a lot about Alma 37:6-7, about how small and simple thing bring about great things, I showed them the difference in our work if we fail to do the small and simple things of daily obedience, it went pretty well. I hope every one got the idea of it and they apply it to their missions. I really believe that if we do the simple small day to day things of obedience we will have success and the spirit at all times. But it was a great experience, and I'm grateful for it. 
As for our work this week it is going well, we are continuing to work with these 2 families we have, we hope that they will be baptized in July. They are starting to really understand it more, we are just working on weekly church attendance, and word of wisdom. Then they are ready to go. With one family we had a great lesson with them, the father had a pretty big problem with smoking and drinking. But the second we introduced the WOW he accepted it, it was so cool, their faith as a family is growing and I'm excited for them. 
We actually had a really cool finding experience this pat Saturday. Last week we had OYMed a man who sews. He told us that his father was a member of the church. He said we could come back in a few days, we went back and he wasn't home. Then we kind of forgot about him for a while. Well during finding time last Saturday, we had gotten punted a few times and didn't know where to go, elder Rindlisbacher and I thought to visit this man. When we showed up he was there and his younger brother who was taught by missionaries before and was very close to baptism. They welcomed us in and we shared the restoration, he had already knew the story of Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. He invited us to teach him and his family next Saturday. The cool part was that the brother rarely visits his older brother, he just felt he should that day, how cool is that? I know that that was the reason he was prompted to visit his brother that day. The spirit works in mysterious ways, this is his work, no doubt, if we are faithful he will guide us and we will be his will, his hand, his mouth. Really great experience.
Well I'm excited for another transfer week! haha its gonna be a busy one as usual, I have a lot to teach Elder Haufano before I leave too. Its going to be a great last transfer, I can feel it!







No comments:

Post a Comment