Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Because he lives. /Email from April 6th

Hey family! Well this week has been a great one! Lots of stuff happened and so little time. We had a week of exchanges, and our MLC. It was kind of cool, first time I was on the other half of the Council. I had my first opportunity to teach to all these great missionaries. But it was an awesome experience! We talked a lot about honesty this month. Because there's been a bit of a problem with that here lately.  I have really reflected upon the principle of having an honest heart. That's why I mentioned it in our planning meeting. I really hope it will help out. That's truly what they are missing, they aren't honest with themselves, they aren't honest with their companions, they aren't honest with their work. So through that they aren't honest to the Lord. We just need to start with ourselves, if we continue to just be honest within our hearts, all else will fall into place with the work and obedience . 
The best part of the week though was our Baptism of Brother Raymond. It was one of the more spiritual baptisms i had ever been too. Everything went somewhat smooth and after he was baptized, there was a beautiful musical number given. Which made brother Raymond cry. These were the words to the song. 
"Oh my soul hungered the moment I knelt down to pray,
And felt all my doubts wash away.
Oh my soul hungered, He heard my cry.
The voice of the Lord spoke peace to my mind.
Oh my soul hungered Things that were old became new
When I learned to feel what I already knew.
With all my heart, With all my soul,
I wrestled before the Lord to make my life whole.

He filled my hunger, He fed my soul.
He fed my soul.
The truth that belonged to everyone else
Is now a sacred part of myself.
Oh, I found out what I could not find,
When I heard with my heart
What I knew in my mind.
Oh, my soul hungered."
He said while he was listening to the two speakers and preparing himself to be baptized he could remember all of his many past sins, and the feelings he had. Then after his baptism when he listened to the words, He really felt the lords mercy, and atonement. He felt he had been forgiven, which brought him to tears. The next day he was confirmed a member of the church. And was first to get up there and bear his testimony. He gave a great simple testimony of this true church. And said he felt like he had angels with him. As he spoke all I could think of was the promise in 2 nephi 31: 13-14 
"yea, by following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, then shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel." "But, behold, my beloved brethren, thus came the voice of the Son unto me, saying: After ye have repented of your sins, and witnessed unto the Father that ye are willing to keep my commandments, by the baptism of water, and have received the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost, and can speak with a new tongue, yea, even with the tongue of angels"
He truly could speak with the tongue of angels, all he could say these past couple days, is this is the happiest time of his life. And I hope Pray, and fast that it will continue. I see great leadership in that man. It was great to be the instrument in his hands in this part of the vineyard. What a great Easter present. He is a great example of the Easter spirit. Christ lived again so that we may all live. He overcame all death sin and sickness, because he loves us. We just gotta find him. 

 Love, Elder Collins





No comments:

Post a Comment