Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tatlong Buwan na Lang.....Whaaaat?/ Email from April 19

Hey Family!! Man what a great week. 
This week we had exchanges, I forgot to tell you that Elder Leuapepetele, my old soa. He was called to be a Zone Leader this last transfer, he shotgunned in Rosario area. Well I got to go on exchanges with him this last Thursday! It was so much fun. Man do I miss that guy. He has really became a great missionary, im proud of him. 
I also went back to Imus this Sunday on exchanges with Elder Calaunan, haha it was weird to be back, I saw my recent converts and stuff, and the Soriano family! That awesome family that always fed me and Elder Christensen. (the on that sent that video to Christensen's mom of us on Christmas) haha. It was a good day. 
We have also had a great week of work this week. We found a lot of great people. We have been teaching a potential Melchizedek priesthood holder who is super ready for baptism,Brother Silverito, we are just trying to help him understand all of the lessons before he gets baptized. Well his baptism was suppose to happen this Saturday, but last week he went back to his province because of a death in the family and wasnt able to make it back in time for his interview, so we decided to wait till next week to make sure. But hes a great man, he even found the church in his province and went to General Conference over there. We were really happy to hear that. 
We had a cool experience this past week with finding a prepared soul. We had tried to contact and teach a referral given to us by a member. She lives with the member in their home. Well we went one night to teach them and they werent their, which was odd because they told us too come. Well we didnt want our time to be a sayang (wasted), so we looked for people to OYM. We saw this man with his back faced to us a little ways away down an alley. We both felt the impression that even though his back was turned to go and talk to him. Well of course we did, and he was a very kind man. He told us that he felt most religions right now say they are right but lack things, and that there should only be one church of god, and he was still searching, even though he was a member of the Iglesia ni Cristo church. Well we shared a little bit with him and he told us to come back another time. Well yesterday Elder Rindlisbacher and Elder santillan went back while on exchanges to teach the referral. Come to find out that the referral of the member was dating the man that we talked to who lived down the street. They taught them both and it was a great lesson, they both excepted a date for baptism, and requested a copy of the book of mormon. So we are excited to continue to teach them. 
I recently restarted reading the book of mormon again, and Elder Rindlisbacher and I talked about this in studies, that its great to read the bible, and the D&C and all, But there is just something different when you read the Book of Mormon. A stronger spirit,a greater understanding, I learn so much more everytime. This past week I read in 1 Nephi 16. And I love the story of Nephi breaking his bow. Nephis example has really helped me out these past weeks. His faith and diligence is something we all need to develop in our lives. Through so much trial, opposition and tribulation his attidude and faith in Gods power is amazing. Everybody in his family was complaining and murmuring to God, even his own father! But he stayed faithful, says here.. 20 "And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel and the sons of Ishmael did begin to murmur exceedingly, because of their sufferings and afflictions in the wilderness; and also my father began to murmur against the Lord his God; yea, and they were all exceedingly sorrowful, even that they did murmur against the Lord."
22 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did speak much unto my brethren, because they had hardened their hearts again, even unto complaining against the Lord their God."
23 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did make out of wood a bow, and out of a straight stick, an arrow; wherefore, I did arm myself with a bow and an arrow, with a sling and with stones. And I said unto my father: Whither shall I go to obtain food?"
24 "And it came to pass that he did inquire of the Lord, for they had humbled themselves because of my words; for I did say many things unto them in the energy of my soul."
Nephi, instead of sitting around complaning and murmuring because of his bow. He was diligent, and industrious. He mad another bow and got food for his family. Later in the chapter it explains that the liahona only works according to faith and diligence. They are lucky that they had Nephi there. Us as missionaries need to be like Nephi and not his bretheren, when ever problems or disobedience arises, we need to be diligent and faithful, fix the problems, exhort our brethern to humble themselves, and move forward. What a great strory.
I love the Book of Mormon, and the scriptures. I grateful for the opportunity to read them each day.
We also have specialized training this Thursday, well be training all zone leaders and district leaders. 
 Love, Elder Collins



No comments:

Post a Comment