Wednesday, November 5, 2014

He came

HEY FAMILY!!!!
 Well this week was great as always. Yes I got to personally shake hands with an apostle of god. It was super sick! He gave really great training to us, and he was super funny too, I guess sometimes you just think they are always serious, but he was crackin little jokes and stuff, and made it so very spiritual also. And on top of that President Tye gave an amazing talk also that day. I was just spirtually overfed! Great day. 
Well our work has been progressing little by little and we have been doing well. We have two great families that we hope will get baptized before Christmas! Man everytime I see them I picture them in white clothes. They are both less active moms with an investigator family. They have both came to church once, we are just really pushing them. 
Well you know how there is a tradition that I get sick at least once per area. Well the tradition continues! I was pretty sick this past week with migranes, a sinus infection, cold and stuff. I was weak but the lord made me strong. I didnt want to miss work so I did my best to get out there everyday. There was only one day where I had to rest, cause I couldnt walk haha but it all ends up great!
My testimony of fasting has grown this past week and especially yesterday. I wasnt sure if I was in the right health to fast. but I didn't want to miss an opportunity.  Well I fasted and the lord blessed me.  When I was so weak, I felt so strong even though I was sick, I didnt feel it while we were working. We were working during finding time and our finding tool was just tracting and talking to people. Well we werent having much success at first and I was not feeling well at all, and of course we were hungry haha. But quickly the thought of Ammon in Alma 26:27 popped up and I quoted it to my companion at the time," When our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back, behold the lord did comfort us" and right when I finished saying it we heard "HEY!" This family that was sitting outside yelled hi and we immediatly talked to them and were able to plant a seed in their hearts of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a great experience and strengthened me spiritually and physically. We finished off the day great. Its been a great week, Happy Halloween to everyone, they dont have it here, occasionally you see kids trick or treating haha. Crazy its already November! Times flying 
Love,
Elder Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment