Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry Flippin Christmas! :) Dec. 22 email

Hey Family! Merry Christmas! Man this Christmas is so much different than last year. I dont even want to think that this is my last Filipino Christmas! I love it here, I cant believe the changes that ive had this past year. I never felt better in my life. Ive also never been more tired. My testimony of the savior has never been stronger. During this Christmas season I have really tried to reflect on its true meaning, because last Christmas I think I was just a little hung up on the fact that santa doesnt come to the Philippines. haha
 Well this week has been a good one! Our christmas party as a mission was super fun! And yes we successfully did the dance that you sent mom in a skit we put together as a zone! We also had exchanges with the APs again this week! I got to be companions with Elder Zacarias again! It was way fun to be with him again for the day! We have continued to work with a few part member families. The Vergada Family, and the Seno family. They both have less actives and investigators in the family, and we hope and pray we can get them to church, especially around this Christmas time. I love being in Imus, but im not gonna lie, the work is so different here. Seems like with some people there is no missionary spirit, like in the ward and stuff, but Elder Christensen and I have done all we can to change that. Its been challenging but were trying:) There are some great members though and they invited us to lunch and dinner on Christmas! So I might have to use that money on a different day for food! haha. 
I really liked one video that pretty popular on the lds.org. its called he is the gift. You have probably seen it, but if you havent watch it because its is so great. It really helps you realize the importance of Christmas, realizing that he truly is our only great gift. Our savior and redeemer. Our path to salvation. This mission has helped me to come closer than I ever have to him. I love Christmas, and im glad I love it for the right reason now. 
Merry Christmas.. Ya filthy animals. (What Movie?)
Elder Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment