Monday, November 25, 2013

What? Its Thanksgiving already?!

Thanksgiving?! haha I forgot about that! Well I guess its the last week in Nov. so it has to be! I kinda just figured it past! haha Well this week was pretty boring till Thursday! Elder Kesler came down with Denge fever so he was pretty sick all week! So we didnt get out and work till Thursday! Staying inside all day is torture! haha I don't think ive studied and read more Liahona magazines in my life!  But when we were finally able to work it was my test. I was literally training my trainer, I had to lead lessons, area, finding! Scariest thing to do. But I prayed so much to my Heavenly Father, and read and studied. And its amazing what the spirit can do with you. I was saying things I didnt even know I knew, and forgot later! I had conversations with people, we were able to teach lessons together. I dont know how we did it, but I don't think I have any doubt that my father in heaven loves me, and gave me this new companion, this new trial, for a reason, and did prepare a way for us to work, even if its just a little bit. Sure we struggle, we actually struggle a ton! Sometimes im totally blank and cant understand anything, sometimes we have no idea where to go because no one is home and I dont know how to get places. But I dont focus on those things anymore! This week was also a heart breaker because what would of been my second baptism, Bro Alexis Vidal, he is moving:( When I found out my heart just sank.) Thats the second time it has happend to me, his baptism was scheduled for next week! But ya know as long as he gets baptized, and stays strong, doesnt matter who does it. But Heavenly Father made it up by giving me another cool experience. On saturday we were able to work with our branch president, Pres. Bautista hes only 30 and he is just a great guy. We went and visited this family that set a baptimsal date for the week before but usually our lessons are really hard because brother asks a ton of crazy questions and sister just stares at the book of mormon and acts like shes reading it, because she "forgot" to read what we asked. the kids are talking and runnin around dogs barking! Crazy. So I prayed for this lesson to go well because we were teaching about the book of mormon and I really wanted them to understand and wanted us to be able to speak well. The lesson went amazing, it was calm and spiritual, they just sat and listened, even the kids and the dog was gone, and we taught them and it was awesome. They usually say they will try to come to church but never do. But yesterday, their whole family came! It was sick! We were able to give the daughter a blessing, and she had a great time! Man its just crazy how much you start caring about people you have known for 2 weeks, or members of this ward, and your heart just breaks when you see someone fall away, or not come to church. I never thought it would be that way. I love dirty old Bulihan! haha Well on to something else that was funny, the water tower right next to our house pipe burst! So water was just spewing like a fountain!! haha its flooded everywhere, and for service we helped the workers try to stop it! Ill show you pictures it was hilarious. Also I gave a talk in church yesterday, that was fun stuff too! Okay love you all!! Merry Christmas! ( its already christmas here)
Elder Collins
 



 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment