Monday, September 30, 2013

Hardest Week Of My Life!!!!!

Well..... this has been the hardest week of my entire life. Everynight ive thought about giving up. But that aint me! So we flew to Japan its so crazy there we were only there for an hour but its just jam packed with Asians haha I wish I could send pics but I lost the card reader I have in Japan along with the case, and other SD card!! I know right! well we landed in Manila where president Tye took us to a hotel in Manila for the night. We met some of the guys who were going home. haha that was wierd. Then the next day we went to the mission chapel and office for orientation. were they gave us our companions. My companion is elder ColCol, I guess its meant to be ColCol- Collins. hahah well he speaks little english and so do my other two roomates all from the Philippines. I am not sure if they like me very much cause we dont talk.Tthey are nice, but I think they just think I am weird and shy! I am not shy I just cant speak the language ! I do love him though, he is way nice and polite! Just cant talk a lot ! I just don't think he knows what its like to come halfway across the world to a land you have never been to and speak a language you have never heard of! He has never been out of the Philippines before. All I hear is Tagalog in our apartment! Well anyway when we finished orientation we jumped right on a jam packed jeepney and headed out! Thats when things got crazy! There are no traffic lights in the Philippines so you pretty much just drive wherever, so you feel like your going to die most of the time.  My area is Bulihan, its a very densely populated place, and its very poor. But its not like the pretty province poor wich is what I imagined, its a very packed in city, and really bad living conditions. Worse than like mexico and stuff, their houses are just cardboard and wood shacks that they put together I wish I could show you. Our apartment is a little tiny one with 4beds and two bathrooms. Yes the shower is a bucket and a ladle and yes you flush the toilet with a bucket of water. But nooo I do not wipe with my hand! I have toilet paper haha. No one understands me. And I cant understand them. Its crazy, all the writings are in English  and they blast American music every where, but no one speaks it! So this week has been tough, my companion says I need to help more in our lessons but I cant speak the language. Everyday I want to go home. The one thing I love are the kids, they are sooo cute haha everyone stares at me when I walk down the street. They all point and say amerikano amerikano!! and they all make fun of my cheeks. the little girls will all come up and go... hahah why do you have make up on your cheeks!!!!..... haha or who hit you in the face? haha Its hot as satan here in Bulihan. Even when it rains!  which it rains everyday! We usually cook our own food, I don't cook cause I don't know how to cook Filipino food?  We eat at the Acostas house a lot! They are this awesome member family that everyone loves! I had rambutan! look it up! Its crazy! They looked up our house on google maps and they were like ahhhhhhh, its funny these people live in the most crappy living conditions. but they have smartphones hahaha  The food is hard to get used to, they use everypart of the animal...EVERYPART.. Its very overwhelming. I feel like I shouldnt be here sometimes.. but hey you know what... give me another mountain to climb. cause thats what makes us stronger. I cant give up no matter how much I want to. Give me another mountain to climb. "fear not only beleive" hahha I love you mom! seeing your guys emails made me cry for the first time in awhile. I wish you guys were awake right now haha! love love love you! I cant speak tagalog!!!!!!!!
 

 P.S. yeah I dont know how conference works here in the Philippines? They dont have real toilets but they all have smart phones so this could go either way!?

 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment